1) Terms of reproduction of Guftugu content:
All rights in the content carried on the Guftugu website are reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, all information, text, images, designs, layouts and any other content in the publication are copyrighted to Guftugu or the artist / author in question. No part of this publication may be used, modified, reproduced, distributed, or published by any other means, including printing/ re-printing, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the relevant copyright holder.
2) Notice of copyright violation:
Guftugu publishes content on a best efforts basis and only after checking the relevant rights in each work carried in the publication. However, if you are a copyright owner (which can be an exclusive licensee), or their agent, and if you believe that a work is available in the Guftugu publication / on the Guftugu website in such a way that constitutes an infringement of copyright, or a breach of an agreed license or contract, you can notify Guftugu of the same in writing, at [email protected] or physically mailed to the office address of the Society for Knowledge Commons.
Your notification must include:
- (i) Information reasonably sufficient to enable us to identify the copyrighted work that is the subject of the claimed infringement or, if multiple copyrighted works are involved, a representative list of such works;
- (ii) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate and access such material;
- (iii) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- (iv) An indication of whether you are the owner of the content, or if you are acting on their behalf (details of all parties must be supplied including the relationship between them);
- (v) An indication of the law, license, or contract that you claim is being transgressed;
- (vi) In the event the content constitutes Third Party Content and / or has been linked through the Guftugu website, an undertaking that you will file an infringement suit against the violator of your copyright, in the competent court having jurisdiction, and produce the order of such a competent court, within a period of 21 days from the date of the notice.
Terms and Conditions
I – Terms and Conditions
2) The website is maintained for and on behalf of the Society for Knowledge Commons, New Delhi, India, a not-for-profit organisation, registered as a society under the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860.
4) Guftugu reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. You may not receive a personal notification to this effect. Your continued use of this site after the changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
5) You agree to use this website (and the content provided therein) only for lawful purposes (i.e. purposes that are not fraudulent, illegal, unauthorized or harmful in any manner), and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party. In particular, you agree to follow relevant copyright laws as applicable domestically and/or internationally and as specified more particularly in the Copyright Terms. In particular, by continuing to use this website you agree not to utilise any of the content available on this website without the prior permission of Guftugu. For more information on the use of content from this website please refer to the Copyright Terms.
6) To provide notice of material alleged to infringe a copyright or any other rights please refer to the Copyright Terms and, in particular, the form for Notice of Infringing Material.
7) The websites www.indianculturalforum.in and www.guftugu.in constitute two distinct and separate websites. The Terms and Conditions of Use, copyright terms and notices are accordingly separate and distinct for each of the two websites. Please refer to the relevant legal documents on each individual website for further details.
8) Guftugu reserves the right to moderate any user generated content on the website including comments, suggestions, etc.
9) Guftugu reserves the right to suspend, or discontinue the provision of any individual service on this website or indeed suspend or discontinue this website all together without any notice or liability on its part.
10) This site and the information, names, images, videos, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Guftugu/the ICF website are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Guftugu be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. Guftugu does not warrant that the functionality of this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
12) You may create a link to this website, though should you do so, the same is at your own risk and the terms of this agreement will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
13) The content on the Guftugu website is provided for educational and informational purposes only. Guftugu makes no representations about the content and suitability of the information presented online for any purpose.
14) Guftugu uses reasonable endeavours to ensure the information on this web site is current and accurate. To the extent permitted by law, Guftugu makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, reliability, completeness or currency of the information within this website.
15) The use of the website and any information contained on the site is at your own risk. Guftugu, its employees, agents, consultants and representatives do not accept any responsibility whatsoever, including responsibility for negligence, physical damage, personal injury, economic loss, costs or expenses of any kind, or any other loss or damage suffered or incurred by anyone as a direct or indirect consequence of errors in or omissions from the site, or related action or inaction taken in reliance upon the contents of the website.
16) The views expressed in, and the information and materials published on the Guftugu website, are those of their authors (or as indicated) and not of Guftugu. The inclusion of any links on the website does not necessarily imply Guftugu endorses the views expressed within them.
18) Breach of any of the Terms and Conditions, in any way, gives Guftugu the right to take any lawful actions to deal with such breach, including, but not limited to, suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you. Failure by Guftugu to strictly enforce any of the provisions set out in this agreement or failure to exercise an option to remedy a breach shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of the Terms and Conditions or of any part thereof or the right to enforce the whole or any part thereof. No waiver of any of the provisions of this agreement shall be effective unless expressly stated to be the case in a written document signed by both parties.
19) You hereby indemnify Guftugu and undertake to keep Guftugu indemnified against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Guftugu to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Guftugu’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by Guftugu arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms and Conditions (or other illicit or unlawful use of this website), or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
20) This website and the Terms and Conditions are governed by and are to be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of India.
21) In the event of any dispute arising out of the use of this Website or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the Parties shall attempt to mutually resolve the matter through negotiations. In the event no resolution is possible, the Parties shall proceed to arbitration, before a single arbitrator, to be appointed by Guftugu. Guftugu shall make the appointment of the sole arbitrator within two weeks of notice of the failure of negotiations (which may be given by either party). The decision of the sole arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. The arbitral seat shall be in Delhi and the Indian law, as applicable, shall govern proceedings.
22) The Courts at New Delhi, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under, out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or any usage of the Guftugu website.
23) If any part of the Terms and Conditions is found unlawful and/or unenforceable the rest of the Terms and Conditions, to the extent separable, shall continue to be valid.
The Society for Knowledge Commons, which is the owner and administrator of the Guftugu website, is registered as a society under the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860. The Society may be contacted through its administrative office at Khasra 275, West End Marg, Saidulajab, Near Saket Metro, New Delhi 110030 (E-mail: [email protected]).
1) Guftugu does not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to your queries and to process payments (subscriptions and donations). Personal information may be provided to third parties in the normal course of business (such as our bankers, for the purpose of processing payments) but shall otherwise remain confidential except for any disclosures required by law.
3) Guftugu does not collect information or create individual profiles for commercial marketing. Your details will not be passed on or sold to any third party for any commercial reason whatsoever.
4) Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
5) This website contains links to third party sources and sites. These are provided solely for information purposes. When you select a link to a third party website, you are leaving the Guftugu website and are subject to the privacy policies of the third party website.